[j-nsp] Question about loose-mode RPF

Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) rafal.szarecki at ericsson.com
Wed Oct 19 05:36:21 EDT 2005

Adam,

There was discussion in this topic fe weeks ago on list.

Juniper tread route to discard as any other route when uRPF is executed - opposed to Cisco. Cisco tread routes to null0 as non-existing when uRPF is executed. IMHO this is bed because more exeption like this makes enineers life harder.

Generally Juniper do much better think - Flow route specification as per
http://professional.juniper.net/roque/draft-marques-idr-flow-spec-02.txt

This is common draft of Juniper, Cisco, Arbor and NTT/verio
You probably can also find this on IETF site also...

see topic "low route" with BGP example.