[j-nsp] Juniper info

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Tue Oct 25 18:06:35 EDT 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Chris Cappuccio wrote:

> What's the difference between SCB-E and SSB-E ? M7 vs M7i ?
> M40 vs M40a vs M40e ?  Can an RE-233 take more than 256MB RAM ?  Is there

the m40 has no redundant computer inside it.
the m40 only has one system control board.

the m40e builds on that platform and makes it more redundant.

the m40 can take a system control board II though, for things
like the firewall options.

i have my re-233 with 512MB. i doubled the ram on the SCB too.