[j-nsp] Juniper info

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Tue Oct 25 19:05:06 EDT 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Chris Cappuccio wrote:

> Matt Yaklin [myaklin at g4.net] wrote:
> >
> > the m40 has no redundant computer inside it.
> > the m40 only has one system control board.
> >
> > the m40e builds on that platform and makes it more redundant.
> >

> But the Routing Engine can be made redundant ?

if you plan to use an M40 in production, make sure you have
spare parts. The routing engine cannot be made redundant on the M40.

That is where the M40e steps in.

> > the m40 can take a system control board II though, for things
> > like the firewall options.
> >
> > i have my re-233 with 512MB. i doubled the ram on the SCB too.
> >

> Cool.  Where did you find the RAM? is it 168 pin ECC EDO DRAM or 72 pin?

I found the ram on ebay of course. Kinda rare now days.
As for the type, I do not recall. I placed a sticker on the
routers I have telling me the type. I can find out for you
tommorrow.