[j-nsp] LSP types in M-Series

Piotr Marecki peter at mareccy.org
Fri Oct 28 07:44:10 EDT 2005

>> You can classify packets based on 802.1p and forward them to different
>> LSP
>> with class based forwarding
>> ( doesn't have to be DS-TE , works also with normal TE) - works great on
>> E-FPC. But it is not different l2circuit - y
>> ou can choose LSP but not l2circuit since logical interface can be
>> assigned
>> to only one l2circuit
>
> Can you please provide an example, or a reference where I can see an
> example of this type of setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Pedro Fortuna

Sure . Consider router PE1 being igress of p2p martini l2 circuit with
following configuration :

bubu at PE1 # show protocols l2circuit
neighbor 10.127.0.36 {
    interface fe-0/1/1.446 {
        virtual-circuit-id 446;
        community l2c1;
    }
}

Communtiy l2c1 is used for further reference within policy statement when
exporting to forwarding table
bubu at PE1 # show policy-options community l2c1
members 65001:1;

Now , lets configure two different LSP for 10.127.0.36 egress , one used for
best effort BE , second for expeditied forwarding
EF - actual lsp topology is irrelevant , however LSP names will be used in
cos-map to split traffic :

label-switched-path to-gw4-ef {
    to 10.127.0.36;
    primary gw4-ef;
}
label-switched-path to-gw4-be {
    to 10.127.0.36;
}

Now , assuming following COS config :
classifiers {
    ieee-802.1 ieee802 {
        forwarding-class be {
            loss-priority low code-points 001;
            loss-priority high code-points 000;
        }
            forwarding-class ef {
            loss-priority high code-points 100;
            loss-priority low code-points 101;
        }
      }
    }
forwarding-classes {
    queue 0 be;
    queue 1 af;
    queue 2 ef;
    queue 3 nc;
}
We need to associate classifier with l2circuit ingress interface :
bubu at PE1 # show class-of-service interfaces fe-0/1/1
unit 446 {
    classifiers {
        ieee-802.1 ieee802;
    }
}
and configure cos-map

bubu at PE1 # show class-of-service forwarding-policy next-hop-map l2c
forwarding-class be {
    lsp-next-hop to-gw4-be;
}
forwarding-class ef {
    lsp-next-hop to-gw4-ef;
}

Finally , we need policy-statement for forwarding table :

bubu at PE1 # show policy-options policy-statement cbf-l2c
term t1 {
    from community l2c1;
    then cos-next-hop-map l2c;
}
bubu at PE1 # show routing-options forwarding-table
export cbf-l2c ;

Notice however that this is one l2circuit with different LSP per
forwarding-class. Currently you can't associate
different l2circuit with every forwarding-class , since every incoming
interface can only have one l2circuit binded to it
( well , it's p2p , nothing more )

best regards

Piotr Marecki