[j-nsp] Strange error message question?

Josef Buchsteiner josefb at juniper.net
Wed Sep 7 12:37:01 EDT 2005

There is a high-speed link from the A2 ASIC located on the SSB to each
FPC  Bo  ASIC.  This  means there was an error on this link for FPC in
Slot 3. This could be the SSB serving the HSL for Slot 3 or the FPC in
Slot  3  itself. You can rule out one or the other with moving the FPC
into  another  slot  if  possible and look if the error stays with the
slot  or  moves  with the FPC. In case it moves with the FPC you would
need to RMA this if it stays with the slot it could be SSB. As last it
could also even be the chassis itself as the worst case.

however  those error in general do not come alone. was there something
else  reported?  You  could  get this as well if you just pull the FPC
without  proper  offline  of  the FPC which would not warrant a RMA at
all.

Josef