[j-nsp] JUNOS hidden commands

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Sep 7 18:35:15 EDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 03:28:55PM +0200, Belgian Network Solutions - Geert Hauwaerts wrote:
> George Yalamov wrote:
>
> George,
>
> > In few  previous posts it was mentioned about hidden commands like 'set
> > routing-options multicast interface <name> enable'. Does anyone  know
> > more examples of other useful undocumented JUNOS commands?
>
> The Juniper Clue wiki has a list of hidden commands.
>
> 	http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Hidden_Commands
>
> You might want to add the hidden multicast command which isn't listed yet! :)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that wasn't supposed to be public yet. :)

Well, now that it is, I guess I might as well say something about it.
Myself and dozen other folks have been working on this for the past month
or so. Juniper.cluepon.net is a Wiki containing user-supported Juniper
clue, which may be contributed to freely.

This isn't intended as a replacement or even a substitute for real Juniper
support and documentation, but rather as a place for experienced
Juniper-using networking professionals to share tips, tricks, information
about how stuff works internally or things that you can do with a Juniper
which might not be obvious, etc.

Some very interesting information has already been filled in (I certainly
learned a lot more that I thought I already knew while working on it), but
there is still a ton more work left to do. Eventually we would like to
even go back through the archives and address every interesting question
and answer which has been posted to juniper-nsp in the past.

For anyone interested in contributing to the Wiki, feel free to create an
account and get started. If you don't know Wiki syntax or formatting (I
didn't as of a couple weeks ago), just put in the information that you do
have, and someone will come along to clean it up. The feature request
section is already loaded with some extremely interesting ideas, and of
course we need more pictures of certain various PICs and router components
which Juniper has never posted online. One area in particular to which
everyone can contribute is our attempt to document a complete product to
Part Number (as displayed in "show chassis hardware") database:

http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Part_Numbers

If you have a router which contains a part not listed, feel free to add it
(making certain to note which style of PIC/faceplate is in use and the
correct router type for it). If you are in doubt about a particular part
number, feel free to email me about it.

We've also tried to tag every empty page which needs more content with a
Stub category, which you can browser with:

http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php?title=Category:Stub

This is an area which needs more content badly, so feel free to write it.

You can also get started reading some of the already contributed content
at:

http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Special:Popularpages

and

http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Special:Longpages