[j-nsp] Issues with 7.2R1.7 and Firewall Filters

Laura McDonnell lauram at canterbury.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 05:46:29 EDT 2005

I am currently setting up the configuration for a M7i router and have come
across some difficulty with the firewall filters for GRE.
I have configured them similar to cisco but when I look at the firewall logs
I am seeing hits against the inbound filter but none against the outbound
filter. When I remove the inbound filter all works fine.  I am slightly
confused at the configuration I should be using currently I have the
following setup.

Inbound
term GRE {
            from {
                source-address {
                    y/32;
                }
                destination-address {
                    x/32;
                }
                protocol gre;
            }
            then {
                count GRE;
                log;
                accept;

Outbound
term GRE {
            from {
                source-address {
                    x/32;
                }
                destination-address {
                    y/32;
                }
                protocol gre;
            }
            then {
                count GRE;
                log;
                accept;
            }

interfaces {
    gr-1/2/0 {
        unit 0 {
            description Tunnel;
            tunnel {
                source x;
                destination y;
            }
            family inet;
        }

Can somebody please confirm my configs are correct and explain why I am not
able to run the tunnel when I have this configured.