[j-nsp] Setting SSH keys?

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Tue Sep 13 11:37:26 EDT 2005

Joe McGuckin writes:
>What's an easy way to transfer a ssh-rsa key from one router to another?

Use "load-key-file":

    [edit system login user phil]
    phil at rtr# set authentication load-key-file other-rtr:.ssh/authorized_keys2
    authorized_keys2                              100%  609     0.6KB/s   00:01

    [edit system login user phil]
    phil at rtr# show | compare

>Cutting and pasting the multi-line key text isn't working for me...

Not sure if this is your problem, but I've seen people have trouble
using "more" and "xterm"s under unix, where more renders the single
line in your source juniper.conf (or .ssh/authorized_keys2) file
using newlines so xterm sees the long line as a set of lines as
long as your terminal width.  If so, use "cat" instead.  HTH.....

Thanks,
 Phil