[j-nsp] Issues with 7.2R1.7 and Firewall Filters

Laura McDonnell lauram at canterbury.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 12:39:01 EDT 2005

I have applied the firewall to the physical interface
fe-1/3/0 {
        unit 0 {
            description External_interface;
            family inet {
                filter {
                    input Traffic_Control_IN;
                    output Traffic_Control_OUT;
                }
                address x/30;

When I look at the firewall logs I see traffic originating from a source
address of the M7 which is expected but I also see requests from the source
address of router at the other end of the tunnel for GRE traffic on the pfe,
should this be happening?

Ie
Filter    Action Interface  Protocol Src Addr
Dest Addr
pfe       A      fe-1/3/1.0 GRE      x	y
pfe       A      fe-1/3/1.0 GRE      y	x

Thanks,
Laura