[j-nsp] Filtering on MP-BGP routes (bgp.l3vpn) in policies?

Johannes Resch jr at xor.at
Mon Sep 19 11:14:28 EDT 2005

Hi,

While working on a Juniper-based BGP route-reflector setup, I came across
the following issue:

Basically, what I want to achieve on the RRs is a export policy (applied
on the route-reflector-client group) like the following:

x) accept inet prefixes with a certain AS-path and/or community
x) accept inet6 prefixes with a certain AS-path and/or community
x) accept all bgp.l3vpn routes

x) deny the rest

The first two conditions are a no-brainer, but I'm having problems
regarding the third one.

Any applied BGP export-policy evaluates all (as in, not only inet and
inet6, but also bgp.l3vpn) routes carried over BGP. While this seems
natural, I was unable to find a way to generally match on MP-BGP
(bgp.l3vpn) routes in a policy (without having to use communities, AS-path
or the like).

JunOS in question is 7.2R1.7 on M20.

If anyone has ideas regarding this setup, I'd be grateful for suggestions.

regards,
-jr