[j-nsp] IS-IS bug in 7.3?

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Wed Sep 21 20:45:15 EDT 2005

Sound like you are the DID. As I recall, the configurable timers are for
non-dis. Once elected DIS they are cut by 1/3 to promote rapid recovery
from DID failure. This has been the case for several version, since 4.x
at least. Any chance you can confirm by setting a low priority, say a
value of 1? This should force another router with default pri of 64 to
supersede DIS functions. I suspect that you have a priority tie and MAC
address is coming into play making it seem like a version thing.

HTHs

>From docs:

Modifying the Hello Interval
Routers send hello packets at a fixed interval on all interfaces to
establish and
maintain neighbor relationships. This interval is advertised in the
hello interval field
in the hello packet. By default, a designated intersystem (DIS) router
sends hello
packets every 3 seconds, and a non-DIS router sends hello packets every
9 seconds.