[j-nsp] Constructing a PCMCIA recovery disk for an M5 under Windows

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Wed Sep 28 12:13:51 EDT 2005

Hi all,

We have a need for a PCMCIA recovery disk for an M5 which is
colocated in a far-off land. I have the disk image, and I have
willing hands available on-site, one holding a nice big CF card with
a PCMCIA adapter. Unfortunately the other hand holds a Windows
laptop, about which I know approximately nothing.

(I presume there was a PCMCIA recovery flash disk shipped with the
router originally, but nobody knows where that is.)

Does anybody happen to know of a good set of instructions for
constructing a PCMCIA recovery disk for an M5 from the disk image,
under Windows?

Also, can anybody confirm that a CF card with a PCMCIA adapter will
do the trick? I can't imagine why it wouldn't, since it should look
the same to the host as a regular PCMCIA flash disk, but you never know.

Joe