[j-nsp] Constructing a PCMCIA recovery disk for an M5 under Windows

michael.firth at bt.com michael.firth at bt.com
Fri Sep 30 14:35:26 EDT 2005

I'm assuming you want to do it with Windows because the M5 is already dead.

One option would be to get the recovery image on to a CF locally, in another Juniper, and then
use Winhex (www.winhex.com) to make an image on Windows, transfer this image to your far off
land, and get your willing hands to install Winhex on their laptop, and load the image to the CF card.

It may be possible to get Winhex to directly load a raw Juniper disk image onto a CF card, but if it is
I don't know how.

I speak as a happy Winhex customer, and have no other affiliation with them.

Regards

Michael