[j-nsp] BGP label allocation error...

Brian W. Gemberling brian at pulltheplug.com
Mon Apr 10 16:59:57 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to help a friend with a problem.  They have a directly
connected VLAN on a GE port they want in a VRF.  They have added this
interface to the VRF and it works locally.  It, however, is not getting
passed via BGP to other routers.  Below is the route,

* 65066:101:10.253.0.0/24 (1 entry, 1 announced)
  BGP group ibgp-route-reflector-clients type Internal
      Route Distinguisher: 65066:101
      BGP label allocation failure: Need a nexthop address on LAN
      Nexthop: Not advertised
      Localpref: 100
      AS path: I
      Communities: target:65066:101

I'm assuming the issue is "BGP label allocation failure: Need a nexthop
address on LAN".  I've never seen this error before.  Can anyone shed
some light on this for me?  Thanks!