[j-nsp] Foundry + Juniper 802.1ad LACP

Niels Bakker niels=juniper-nsp at bakker.net
Tue Apr 11 18:43:38 EDT 2006

* eric at atlantech.net (Eric Van Tol) [Tue 11 Apr 2006, 23:42 CEST]:
>Has anyone been able to successfully get LACP working between a Juniper
>and Foundry device?  It all seems pretty straightforward, but not being
>all that familiar with Foundry's trunking, I can't say that I know
>either side is configured properly.
>
>Foundry config (what my customer sent me):
>
> ver 07.2.02T53
> !
> global-protocol-vlan
> !
> trunk switch ethe 4/21 to 4/22
> !

This will put those FastEthernet ports into an aggregated link, I'm
pretty sure this will disable LACP.  Remove this and configure the same
"link-aggregate key" on both interfaces instead.

Also, you'll want to configure the Juniper to full-duplex operation.

In general I'd advise you to try without LACP: configure everything hard
and let physical link failure detection do its job.

Here's one set of configuration statements on how that'd work:

   http://www.ams-ix.net/technical/linkagg-hints.html

HTH,

	-- Niels.