[j-nsp] RE233 flash refurb

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Fri Aug 11 19:48:11 EDT 2006

I was setting up an old M40 as a lab box (and as a backup chassis for an M20,
should the need arise!)  The first thing I wanted to do was get rid of the
ancient 80MB Sandisk flash box.  Old flash seems to be the enemy of old
Junipers.

I just thought the list might like to know that the PC Engines CFDISK.2G
(CF to 44 pin IDE) adapter fits the RE233 _perfectly_.  You just take out
the little aluminum tray that holds the whole thing, and unscrew the
80MB crap and the stand-offs.  Then,  place the CFDISK.2G with CF
of your choice and mount it to the aluminum carrier's matching holes
with regular PC case screws (the finely threaded ones that work with a
floppy or cdrom).

Everything fits together perfectly, even the IDE cable fits perfectly around
the top of the CFDISK adapter and ends up in the right position.. It is very
convenient that the CFDISK adapter has screw holes and built-in standoffs that
are a complete match to the aluminum tray.

--
Theatre is life
Film is art