[j-nsp] PPPoE to DHCP migration dhcp-local standalone....framed-route troubles.....ERX

Terje Krogdahl terje at krogdahl.net
Wed Aug 16 04:16:58 EDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 09:13:06AM +0200, Peter Krupl wrote:

> The dhcp client gets the ip address from radius, this works ok. If a
> user connects with PPPoE the framed route Framed-Route =
> "172.16.1.0/29 85.235.255.218 distance 21" get installed in the
> routing table.
> But not with DHCP.  Any suggestions ?

It's been a while since did this, but try changing the route to

Framed-Route = "172.16.1.0/29 0.0.0.0"

I've seen a similar problem once, and the above fixed it. You
shouldn't need a next-hop, since the router can safely assume the
route should be installed to the new interface.

--
Terje Krogdahl

  All roads lead to Rome
     - A clearly confused router (R. Perlman)