[j-nsp] Juniper log settings

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Mon Aug 28 06:31:04 EDT 2006

Hi,
     We are using M7i's in our network setup for a iBGP connection and OSPF as the internal routing protocol. Whenever the iBGP link flaps or goes down, the log only records the down status (refer to the log below) and no indication on the up status. These makes it difficult to estimate the period of downtime refering to the log. I've attached the config and the log output for reference. Are there any other changes that I need to make? Thanks.

Config
-------
syslog {
        user * {
            any emergency;
        }
        file messages {
            any notice;
            authorization info;
        }
    }

Log
-----
SNMP_TRAP_LINK_DOWN: ifIndex 68, ifAdminStatus up(1), ifOperStatus down(2), ifName t3-0/1/1
bgp_ifachange_group: NOTIFICATION sent to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Internal AS xxxxx): code 6 (Cease) subcode 6 (Other Configuration Change), Reason: Interface change for the peer-group
RPD_OSPF_NBRDOWN: OSPF neighbor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (t3-0/1/1.0) state changed from Full to Down due to Kill all neighbors