[j-nsp] L2TP License @ Juniper BRAS

Bernd Goldschmidt bwg at juniper.net
Mon Dec 4 03:33:59 EST 2006

If the ERX is a LAC you only need the BRAS/IP (SA Subscriber-Access)
license.
The L2TP session is in the same way counted as a PPP/PPPoE session on
the LAC.
If the ERX is a LNS then you need an additional license for the LNS
functionaliy.

You do not need a license for L2TP on the LAC.

The ERX supports 16.000 L2TP session and 8000 L2TP tunnels on the
ERX310, 700er and 1410.
The ERX 1440 supports 32.000 session and 8.000 tunnels.
The E320 supports 32.000 sessions and 16.000 tunnels

Gruss
Bernd.