[j-nsp] P-ChDS3/P-ChDS3-QPP

Ebben Aries earies at uci.net
Mon Dec 18 13:56:46 EST 2006

Hello all....

I believe I already know the answer to this but worth giving it a shot.

I have multiple P-ChDS3 PICs in E-FPCs where we aggregate T1 Customers.  I
already know that these PICs cannot do queuing down to the logical interface
level but can anyone confirm how queuing works on these ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but  I am understanding that each channel is assigned
2 queues (BE/NC) with only 1 configurable.  I also believe that there are no
capabilities for RED/policing either......am I correct?

This differs a little from other non-QPP cards in that you can at least have 4
queues per physical interface.  What I assumed is that the P-ChDS3 card would
have 4 queues shared amongst each CT3 port but since this is an older model
with only 1 level of channelization, there is no ct3 interface actually
there.

Is this the same of the MCT3 cards as well?  I believe the only difference
with those cards is an extra level of channelization but no queuing benefits.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them

Thoughts??

Ebben