[j-nsp] J4300 | Internal Temperature

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Wed Feb 8 11:37:25 EST 2006

The info I have is that J-series temps are actually the microprocessor
temp, and therefore tend to run a bit higher than other JNI platforms.
My records indicate that yellow/red alarm thresholds for temperature are
90 and 100 degrees (centigrade) respectively. I assume that normal is
below the yellow threshold while OK is between yellow/red, but not sure
on that. These equate to 194F and 212F, so its stands to reason your 118
F did not phase the box.

Regards