[j-nsp] Re: Juniper and NTOP

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Thu Feb 9 08:05:40 EST 2006

Hi,
   I'm trying to use NTOP as the traffic collecter (like netflow in cisco) for
one of my Juniper box for analysis purpose (traffic behaviour, AS info etc).
I'm having difficulties in setting this up (lack of documentations on the
subject). Has anyone out there been able do a similar setup? If yes, please
share your thoughts on :

- Is ntop able to act as a traffic collector for Juniper routers? If no,
  please suggest an alternative free application that can do this job.
- NTOP supports netflow and sflow, but in the juniper i realised its cflow.
  I'm a bit confused?
- resources/tutorials/example on this kind of setup?

Thanks,
Kanagaraj Krishna