[j-nsp] JunOS BGP Soft Reset Alert

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Thu Feb 16 18:36:12 EST 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had an upstream change one of our BGP sessions (changed
> from full routes to default route!) and there was no alert.
> I found the problem just by my normal looking around at
> things daily process.  I can't find any SNMP trap for a BGP
> soft reset.  How do you folks watch for changes in BGP via a
> soft reset?

A "soft reset"(from the far end) isn't really a reset, it is just a
withdrawal off the original announcements and an advertisement of the
new announcements - as far as I know all you can do is watch for a
large delta in the number of announcements - this is something that
you should probably be monitoring anyway....

Warren