[j-nsp] L2VPN's and Traffic Engineering

ADAM CALLIS adam.callis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:06:35 EST 2006

Good Evening,
I have an interesting situation that I am trying to find a solution to.

I have a scenario where I need to map specific L2VPN traffic to a specific
LSP.

I know that I can go and do this

routing-options {
 forwarding-table {
   export lsp-remap
 }
}

policy-options {
 policy-statement lsp-remap {
    term 1 {
        from {
            rib mpls.0;
            community customerA;
        }
        then {
            install-nexthop lsp lsp-preferred;
        }
    }
 }
 community customerA members target:65100:101
}

This would work if every L2VPN within the VRF went to the same place however
the VRF has several different L2VPN's that go to many different PE's.

I did also consider adding a " from next-hop <next-hop of pe>", but I
haven't had time to test that yet, but this will not completely solve my
problem as I have 2 different L2VPN's from PE-A going to PE-B, one that is a
"standard" service that will take the long way there, and one that is
"Expedited" which needs to take a much shorter path.

we control the LSP Path via admin groups and have already got multiple LSP's
going between PE-A and PE-B.

I have also tried adding a "from interface at-2/2/0.3059" (thats my atm
interface that I want to transport)

If there is anyone out there that knows of a way to keep the L2VPN's all in
one VRF and have the granularity to pick specific ones to flow one path vs
another I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Adam