[j-nsp] JunOS QPPB

Elian Scrosoppi escrosoppi at ifxcorp.com
Tue Jan 3 22:05:54 EST 2006

Dave,

In order to force a routing-lookup before applying the firewall filter, i have test the following configuration but results were unsuccesful:

(I'm ommiting some parts of the configuration because its too long, but all is working)

--
escrosoppi at ..> show configuration firewall filter CUSTOMER-IN
term 1 {

escrosoppi at ..> show configuration routing-instances A
instance-type vrf;
    static {
        route 0.0.0.0/0 next-table B.inet.0;
    }
    resolution;
}

escrosoppi at ..> show configuration routing-instances B
instance-type vrf;
    static {
        route 0.0.0.0/0 next-table inet.0;
    }
    forwarding-options {
       family inet {
          filter {
               input CUSTOMER-IN2;
        }
    }
  }
}

escrosoppi at ..> show configuration firewall filter CUSTOMER-IN2
term 1 {
    from {
        destination-class NAP-OUTPUT;
    }
    then {
        policer 256Kbps;
        count customer_output;
        accept;
    }

I think i can force the famous recursive routing-lookup in that way, but for now i cant do it. Any suggestion without changing the configuration of my egress interfaces?

Thanks,
Elian.