[j-nsp] IP1 vs IP2

Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) rafal.szarecki at ericsson.com
Thu Jan 12 05:33:49 EST 2006

Hello,

If I remember corectly, it is possible to make RE policing on platform equiped in IP1. But I'm not sure if such function is executed on IP1 or rathe in JUNOS kernel on RE...

The CoS on IP2 is capability to implement Multifield Classifier, so meke QoS classification base on other fields then ToS/DSCP/EXP. This is result of Filtering capability of IP2. On IP1 you have no filtering --> no MF-classifier. Still ToS/DSCP/EXP working on IP1 platform, because this is executed on I/O-manager ASIC. (configured under class-of-service)

Rafał Szarecki JNCIE

skype me <callto://Rafal_Szarecki/>