[j-nsp] Juniper M7i & Cisco 3650 vlan configuration difficulties

Hyunseog Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Tue Jan 17 12:36:12 EST 2006

Hi Eric,

You are correct that Cisco has untagged native VLAN for dot1q trunk.
But in Chris' case, that's not the issue.
Chris configured VLAN 2 from Juniper side, but he didn't configure dot1q
trunk from Cisco side.
That was the problem.
Since Cisco uses VLAN 1 as default for all ports, that's not going to
work unless he changes the port to dot1q and setup VLAN2 interface with
ip address.

Hyun