[j-nsp] Re: Running a code on router

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sat Jan 21 14:12:09 EST 2006

> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to junos.  Can anybody tell me what tools are needed to make the
> binaries for JUNOS?
> If I build binaries on freebsd, can I run them on Junos 7.4?

At least for the moment you can build them on FreeBSD as long as they are linked statically. Either that, or make sure that they link against library versions that are present in JunOS. (There may also be header file changes, so static images are probably the way to go.)

Also, don't forget that the link between the RE and the FE is a serious constraint for programs that send out data on the network. You can easily shoot yourself in the foot if you are not careful.