[j-nsp] sonet/sdh flapping

Marcin Garstka marcinga at man.poznan.pl
Mon Jan 23 06:36:22 EST 2006

Hi Nugroho

The explanation for the errors is:

HP-BIP8 - Higher Order Path Bit Interleaved Parity (the same as BIP-8 but
for the higher path container - like VC-3 or VC-4) - this indicates
transmission error in the direction TO your router
HP-FEBE - Higher Order Path Far End Block Error - this indicates
transmission error in the direction FROM your router (it is signalled to
you by router on the other end of the transmission link)

The source of this problem is probably in the line, however the error may
be also caused by misfunctioning router's interface. Check the line first -
it is much more likely to be the source of your problem.

Best regards
Marcin