[j-nsp] request system snapshot failed J4300

Goldschmidt, Bernd bernd.goldschmidt at siemens.com
Mon Jan 23 09:06:26 EST 2006

There is no HD available in J-series.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/jseries/junos74/jseries74-getting-started/jN11EA6.html#jN11EA6
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/jseries/junos74/jseries74-getting-started/hw-j4300-j6300-re.html#hw-j4300-j6300-re

siemens at nick> request system snapshot ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>            Execute this command
  as-primary           Setup snapshot to be used in the primary boot device
  config-size          Size of the config partition
  data-size            Size of the data partition
  factory              Include only files shipped from factory in snapshot
  media                Media to snapshot to
  partition            Partition the media
  root-size            Size of the root partition
  swap-size            Size of the swap partition
  |                    Pipe through a command
siemens at nick> request system snapshot media ?
Possible completions:
  compact-flash        Write snapshot to compact flash
  removable-compact-flash  Write snapshot to removable compact flash
  usb                  Write snapshot to device connected to USB port
siemens at nick> request system snapshot media
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/jseries/junos74/jseries74-admin-guide/jN2137F.html

This means you need to install a second supported flash card in the slot in front of the box.

Gruß
Bernd.