[j-nsp] l2circuit for ATM cells carrying IP/MPLS traffic

Tomasz Szewczyk tomeks at man.poznan.pl
Thu Jan 26 06:55:23 EST 2006

Is it possible to transmit "MPLS over ATM" traffic over l2circuit?
On both PE (Juniper M5) routers atm-ccc-vc-mux encapsulation is used on
ATM interfaces towards CE routers. The l2circuit connection is used to
transmit ATM traffic from CE routers through MPLS network. The PE
routers are connected with GE interfaces (MTU 4700).

[CE router]---ATM----[PE router]--GE--[PE router]----ATM-----[CE router]

This connection works only if on CE routers (cisco) IP traffic is
transmitted but doesn't work if IP/MPLS is used on CE routers.
I think the problem is caused by encapsulation used on CE routers.
Unfortunately cell-relay mode on one of PE routers can not be used (what
in my opinion should solve the problem).
Is there any way to solve this problem without changing to cell-relay
mode on PE routers?

--
Tomasz Szewczyk

e-mail: tomeks at man.poznan.pl