[j-nsp] Policy Statement Question

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Sat Jan 28 15:26:58 EST 2006

While I'm much more familiar with the order of preferences in the Cisco
world than in the Juniper one, I still believe there are many options looked
at BEFORE AS-Path length is.

You may try manipulating the Local Preference on the routes that you want to
go a different direction, and you should find this all suits your purposes
much easier.

While I'm not sure where you are in the hierarchy of things, if you are
passing BGP information on to other providers, your changing the AS-Path
with prepending will influence decisions further down the pipeline which may
not be in your best interest.  However, LocalPref will make your local
decisions the way you want.

HTH,

Scott