[j-nsp] multi-link services PIC upgrade problems

Rigo, Jeffrey jeff.rigo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 11:24:39 EDT 2006

I recently swapped out a 4-bundle ml PIC for a 128 bundle PIC on my M20.

The 4 previously existing mlppp bundles continue to work fine, but I
have tried to add two additional bundles to the card since the swap
and have encountered problems.

Both bundles terminate on Cisco gear at the other end.  Both bundles
report that they are up, but I am unable to pass traffic across the
link (ping opposite end interface IPs).

I have even gone so far as to set the MTU/MRRU on both ends to verify
that there is not an MTU mismatch but the problem persists.

When the multilink services PIC was swapped, no other action was taken
- the card was simply swapped and the existing configuration was
unchanged.  Is some other action required when swapping the PIC that I
did not take, or is there a configuration that I need to insert?

example ml config follows [customer end is Cisco 3640 12.3(19)]:
---
interfaces {
    ml-0/3/0 {
        unit 5 {