[j-nsp] traceroute w.x.y.z gateway a.b.c.d

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Jul 31 19:21:41 EDT 2006

I'm trying to test various routes to the same destination, and I'd
like to do a traceroute using different outbound links.  However, when
I use "traceroute w.x.y.z gateway a.b.c.d" JunOS apparently adds
source routing options to the IP packets, and the packets get dropped
with !S since most ISP's don't allow source routed IP packets:

3  unknown.Level3.net (63.211.178.137)  3.441 ms !S *  3.357 ms !S

Is there any to just override the first routing decision without
adding source route options?

Thanks.