[j-nsp] Default-information originate on Juniper JUNOS

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 03:58:31 EDT 2006

one remark here:

if you don't specify any preference on that, you might override any
other default route information learned from other protocols (i.e bgp)

a static discard/reject default route is often used to ensure the
announcement of 0/0 as a last resort to bgp peers, so I (personally)
would suggest something like this:

policy-statement to-some-customer {
    term t1 {
        from {
            route-filter 0.0.0.0/0 exact;
        }
        then accept;
    }
    term t2 { ### Other terms
        .....;
    }
}

routing-options {
    static {
        route 0.0.0.0/0 {
            discard;
            preference 240; ## default preference for static is 5

HTH

On 6/8/06, Sergey <a_s_y at sama.ru> wrote:
> On Thursday 08 June 2006 10:29, Sergey wrote:
>
> > route 0.0.0.0/0 discard;
>
> Sorry, "route 0.0.0.0/0 reject" is more correctly.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sergey

Erdem