[j-nsp] Running out of mbufs

Mircho Mirchev mircho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 06:31:48 EDT 2006

Hello all,
Recently I was making a lab with an M71 and a J4300 router. The M7i is
divided to 13 logical routers and is running JUNOS 7.4R2.6.
Every night (or every 15-20 hours) it goes down and it becomes
unresponsive, even through the serial console. After restarting, in the
/var/log/messages there is a message /kern: out of mbufs.
I've read the mailing list about this problem, and fixed the
/boot/loader.conf with kern.maxusers="256"
kern.ipc.nmbclusters="64000"
But the only result I've got ,was increasing the time between crashes
to 24-30 hours.
As I was looking at "show system buffers" there were only increasing
number, and I think there is a memory leak somewhere in the JUNOS.
I cannot attach the config because it is more than 40kBytes.
If interested, a can send it personally.
Does anyone have ideas about this problem?

BR
Mircho