[j-nsp] Configure mirror port in M20?

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Wed Jun 21 14:16:29 EDT 2006

Something along these lines should work (but you may need a PIC for
sampling, cannot remember) -- this isn't quite mirroring, instead you
sample at a 1:1 ratio -- basically the same thing, but you lose MAC
info, etc.

interfaces {
     ge-0/2/0 {
         unit 1 {
             description "To somewhere";
             family inet {
                 filter {
                     input sample;
                 }
                 address 1.2.3.4/27
             }
        }
    }
}

fe-1/0/0 {
         unit 0 {
             family inet {
                 address 192.0.2.1/24 {
                     # You need an arp entry here so the router can
encaps the packet.
                     arp 192.0.2.2 mac 00.01.02.03.04.05;
                 }
             }
         }
     }

forwarding-options {
     port-mirroring {
         input {
             family inet {
                 rate 1;
             }
         }
         output {
             interface fe-1/0/0.0 {
                 next-hop 192.0.2.2;
             }
             no-filter-check;
         }
     }
}

firewall {
     family inet {
        filter sample {
             term default {
                 then {
                     count Sampled;
                     port-mirror;
                     accept;
                 }
             }
         }
     }
}

Keep in mind I have probably forgotten a few closing braces....

On Jun 21, 2006, at 1:24 AM, F J wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to "mirror" all traffic sent and recieved on my ge-0/2/0.1
> interface
> to my fe-1/0/0 so that I can connect a computer to that interface
> and use
> Etherreal to see what traffic that is transmitted/recieved on the
> ge-0/2/0.1
> interface.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this in an M20? Configuration examples
> appreciated...
>
> Best Regards
> /// Fredrik

A. No