[j-nsp] source-based routing/vrf

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 19:14:42 EDT 2006

Then I guess You can use the method described in JNCIS Study Guide by Joe
Soricelli, pages 647-648, with slight modification.
Take BGP feeds from A, B, C into separate routing instances of type vrf and
configure one static default route per instance pointing to next-table:
routing-options {
static {
route 0.0.0.0/0 next-table carrier-A.inet.0
}
}
Configure rib-groups to copy customer prefixes (10.0.0.0/24 and 10.0.1.0/24)
into inet.0 and carrier-[ABC].inet.0 tables.
Configure firewall filters on customer-facing interfaces to match on source
IP and with action "routing-instance carrier-[ABC]".
In this manner You can build a chain of lookups (first on source IP, then on
dest IP/specific prefix coming from carrier A , if that prefix is not
available then on
specific prefix coming from Carrier B and so on.
Disclaimer - I never tested this myself...
HTH
Cheers
Alex