[j-nsp] When will ASM/ASPIC configuration gain prefix lists?

Alexander Tarkhov karabass at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 05:04:24 EST 2006

Hi Michael,I'm not sure what you are actually trying to do with packets...

In general I still think it is possible to select some packets for statefull
processing based on a prefix-list match. And this requires applying
service-filter at the same point where you also apply the service-set.
Missing service-filter is equivalent of "always match", so that every packet
goes through service-set.

May be if you have multiple service sets and would like to select one of
them based on a prefix-list match... not sure if that is allowed. I have to
look at it in the lab.

Syntax

service-filter *filter-name*;

 Hierarchy Level

[edit interfaces *interface-name* unit
<http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos74/swconfig74-services/html/interface-summary25.html#1163038>
*logical-unit-number* family
<http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos74/swconfig74-services/html/interface-summary6.html#1151625>
inet service <http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos74/swconfig74-services/html/interface-summary18.html#1218482>
(input <http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos74/swconfig74-services/html/interface-summary9.html#1153993>

output <http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos74/swconfig74-services/html/interface-summary13.html#1153876>)]

Description Define the filter to be applied to traffic before it is accepted
for service processing. Configuration of a service filter is optional; if
you include the service-set statement without a service-filter definition,
the router software assumes that the match condition is true and selects the
service set for processing automatically.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos74/swconfig74-services/html/interface-summary20.html

Kind regards,
Alex