[j-nsp] policy based routing

Thomas Salmen tsalmen at orcon.net.nz
Fri Mar 17 00:35:54 EST 2006

Hi Ray,

Here's an example that works for me:

/* firewall filter applied to ingress interface */
thomas at nct_ar3# show firewall filter interface_ingress
term user1_policy {
    from {
        source-address {
            192.168.1.0/24;
        }
    }
    then routing-instance user1_instance;
}
term accept_all {
    then {
        accept;
    }
}

thomas at nct_ar3# show interfaces
ge-0/3/0 {
    description "Access Interface";
    vlan-tagging;
    mtu 9000;
    unit 400 {
        description "Customer Interface";
        vlan-id 400;
        family inet {
            filter {
                input interface_ingress;
            }
            address 10.1.1.177/30;
        }
    }
    unit 500 {
        description "Destination Interface";
        vlan-id 500;
        family inet {
            address 172.1.1.1/30;
        }
    }
}

/* routing instance */
thomas at nct_ar3# show routing-instances
user1_instance {
    instance-type forwarding;
    routing-options {
        static {
            route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 172.1.1.2;
        }
    }
}

/* need to import interface routes into routing instance to resolve next-hop
address */
thomas at nct_ar3# show routing-options
interface-routes {
    rib-group inet interfaces;
}
rib-groups {
    interfaces {
        import-rib [ inet.0 user1_instance.inet.0 ];
    }
}

Hope this helps.

Thomas