[j-nsp] Configuring NAT on J2300

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Wed May 10 13:53:30 EDT 2006

<update to the list>

It seems the issue related to the NAT rule set direction and the
interface to which that rule-set is applied. In my example the NAT rule
was applied to the OP interface, as an output rule. This supports use of
the assigned IP as the nat pool.  Seems that Chris applied his nat rule
as input to the input (trusted LAN) interface, which did not work for
assigned WAN IP as nat pool, but does work for some arbitrary IP as NAT
pool.

I am not sure if this is expected behavior and plan to investigate; at
least the mystery is solved.

I'll look into whether this is expected behavior.

Regards