[j-nsp] BGP troubleshooting

Goldschmidt, Bernd bernd.goldschmidt at siemens.com
Tue May 16 11:17:19 EDT 2006

Hi David,

if you talk about route-map, I guess you are working with Juniper E-Series, or?

what about this:
----------------
burkhard#sh ip bgp neighbors 192.168.1.1 ?
  &>                 Display and redirect the output to a file, replacing
                     previous contents
  &>>                Display and redirect the output to a file, appending to
                     previous contents
  >                  Redirect the output to a file, replacing previous contents
  >>                 Redirect the output to a file, appending to previous
                     contents
  advertised-routes  Display routes advertised to a BGP neighbor
  dampened-routes    Display routes suppressed by route-flap dampening received
                     from this neighbor
  delta              Display statistics relative to the current baseline
  paths              Show path information
  received           Display information received from this neighbor
  received-routes    Display routes received from this neighbor (before inbound
                     policy)
  routes             Display routes accepted from this neighbor (after inbound
                     policy)
  |                  Filter output using the CLI Filtering feature
  <cr>

- advertised-routes
- received-routes
- routes