[j-nsp] ISDN fallback with dynamic routing between Netscreen 5GT and Bintec Brick XM

Ronny Trommer r.trommer at mcl2k.de
Mon May 22 11:16:48 EDT 2006

Hello everybody,

has someone experience with dynamic routing between Netscreen 5gt and Bintec
ISDN routers.

I have the following network topology:

                     -----------        -----------
                   __|  NS5GT  |_ VPN __|  NS5GT  |_
----------------  /  |.0.254/24| S-DSL  |.2.254/24| \  ----------------
|LAN           |_/   ----------         -----------  \_|LAN           |
|192.168.0.0/24| \   -----------        -----------  / |192.168.2.0/24|
----------------  \__| Bintec  |_ ISDN _| Bintec  |_/  ----------------
                     | .0.1/24 | dialup |.2.253/24|
                     -----------        -----------

My configuration goal is a ISDN-fallback if the VPN connection is not available.
My first idea where to configure RIPv2 on the devices. To share the
routinginformations between the devices. In my case i would configure RIP only
on the LAN interfaces. On the Netscreen on vrouter "trust-vr" and the interface
"trust". On the Bintec routers on the LAN interfaces.

Is this an practicable solution for my problem or i`m too complicated ;)

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Ronny
--
| /"\   ASCII Ribbon   | R.Trommer (Germany) - http://www.mcl2k.de         |
| \ / Campaign Against | PGP key: pgp.mit.edu; subkeys.pgp.net;            |