[j-nsp] M7i :hard-disk missing in Boot List

michael.firth at bt.com michael.firth at bt.com
Thu May 25 04:38:16 EDT 2006

<snip>

> They seem to have swapped from the laptop PoS drive to what
> appears to be a more sturdy Fujitsu industrial strength one:
>
> - # Routing Engine   REV 09   740-009459   x RE-5.0
> - #   ad1   19077 MB  HTS548020M9AT00      y    Hard Disk
> + # Routing Engine   REV 10   740-009459   x RE-5.0
> + #   ad1   28615 MB  FUJITSU MHT2030AR    y      Hard Disk
>
> I'm having a bit of a problem downloading the spec PDF on the
> new fujitsu drive (model MHT2030AR), but the HTMLised version
> seems to suggest these are actually geared for 24x7 operation.
>
> Has anyone else seen this change and/or know more about these
> new drives?

Its interesting that this is the third hard drive type that has been
fitted to the RE-5.0, and that the first type was also a Fujitsu, from
an old RE-5.0:

Routing Engine 0 REV 09   740-009459   x        RE-5.0
  ad1   19077 MB  FUJITSU MHS2020AT    y      Hard Disk

Seems that Juniper tried to move to the Hitachi drive, had lots of
issues
and have now switched back to Fujitsu. Presumably the 2030 rather than
2020
is because the new drive is a 30GB drive rather than a 20GB one. I'm not
sure what differences will be between the 'MHSxxxxAT' and 'MHTxxxxAR'
ranges.

Michael