[j-nsp] Debugging excessive OSPF SPF runs

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 08:26:23 EDT 2006

For what it's worth, this was being caused by the Juniper box itself.
It's an M7i running 7.4R3.4 and what seemed to be happening was that
every so often it'd drop all learnt LSAs, send out whatever the OSPF
equiv of a WITHDRAW is, request all LSAs from it's neighbours and then
settle back into being a router instead of a pain.

Luckily it wasn't actually on a transit path so the only thing we lost
was a few pings to it's loopback during the episode..

A reboot of the router seems to have sorted it out though... Has
anyone else observed anything similar? I am a little worried this
might happen again, but on a production router.

Thanks,
Ras