[j-nsp] BGP Communities and exports

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed Oct 18 14:11:37 EDT 2006

Juniper is correct.  The neighbor-specific export overrides the
group-level export configuration.  What you're looking for is something
like this:

protocols {
 bgp {
    group ATT {
       import ATT-IN;
       peer-as 7018;
       export ATT-OUT;
       neighbor 12.x.x.x;
    }
 }
}
  policy-statement ATT-OUT {
    term 1 {
       from {
         policy BGP-Origination;
       }
       then accept;
    }
  }
  policy-statement BGP-Origination {
    term 1 {
       from {
         route-filter 10.59.235.0/24 exact;
       }
       then {
         community set BGP-ORIG;
         local-preference 120;  <<< This isn't going to set
         accept;                   localpref in the provider's network.
       }
    }

The above will allow you to modify the prefix properties, while also
allowing you to call that same policy from other provider-specific
policies.

-evt