[j-nsp] How to take Backup of Configuration file using FTP

Christian Koch ckoch at globix.com
Fri Oct 27 10:44:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

I suggest doing a continuous backup of the config which would take place
after each commit

You can do this by

(Edit system archival configuration)
Transfer on interval
transfer-on-commit;
archive-sites ftp://user:password@ftpsite.net-or-ip:port/path

If you just want to backup the config one time here is the file
structure, than you can just ftp your server and copy the files over

/config (flash)
* juniper.conf, juniper.conf.1, juniper.conf.2, and
juniper.conf.3
! /var (disk)
* /var/home - users' home directories
* /var/db/config - juniper.conf.4 through juniper.conf.9
* /var/log - Contains system log and tracing files
* /var/tmp-core files, temp directory for new software
! /altroot (disk)
* request system snapshot command
* the root file system (/) is backed up to /altroot
! /altconfig (disk)
* request system snapshot command
* /config directory is backed up to /altconfig.