[j-nsp] upgrade error

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Sep 8 04:44:02 EDT 2006

"Erol KAHRAMAN" wrote:

> pkg_add: find_play_pen: can't find enough temporary space to extract
> the files, please set your PKG_TMPDIR environment variable to a
> location with at least 179231508 bytes free

 With default settings of pkd_add in a FreeBSD tries first /var/tmp
 then /tmp and as a last resort /usr/tmp. I suggest that you check if
 you have extra (and unneeded) files in /var and remove them if found.
 First things I would look for are core dumps, the files generated by
 different traceoptions and the files generated by [forwarding-options
 sampling output file]. Hopefully this will free enough disk space.

> how i can change my PKG_TMPDIR setting ?

 You should be able to do it via /etc/login.conf (I've got no idea can
 you pass environmental variables to cli by any means). Check the
 manual page via web http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi or in any
 FreeBSD system. I assume changing login.conf in JUNOS is one of the
 things Juniper does not want you to do in your router, though.

 Cheers,

--
- Matti -