[j-nsp] Adaptive services(1)

David Williamson dlw at tellme.com
Mon Sep 25 10:34:58 EDT 2006

You'll find there's a lot of mystery around AS PICs.  Our recent (and
mildly painful) experience is that a standard FPC will recognize the
PIC, but you can't do anything productive with it.  You'll need an
FPC-E, definitely.  (Our experiment wsa with a set of M5s, for what
that's worth.)

We haven't yet tested the I/O rate, but I thought the higher rate was
the quoted statistic for the AS2.  The docs may have some confusion
about AS1 vs. AS2, and may just refer to both generically as "AS"
PICs.  Be careful, and good luck!

-David