[j-nsp] How to prefer short prefixes ?

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Thu Sep 28 14:07:04 EDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 09:33:16AM -0700, Tommy J wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a unique situation.
> We have a public peer who is announcing certain routes
> which of length /19 or shorter.  However we are also
> learning more specific routes (21-24) for the same
> entity via our upstream (transit provider). Needless
> to say the traffic bound for that entity uses our
> upstream.
>
> Is there is a way that where I can make the routes
> leaned via our public peer more attractive ? Tweaking
> local pref does not work in this case because the
> forwarding table always prefer more specific routes.
I would say that's pretty risky. Filtering the
more specifics from your transit or simply asking
your peer to announce in a more suitable way is
probably the way to go.

Regards,
   Kristian.

--
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer                      Net at Once [AS35706]
+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se